The organ was built in 1873 by the London firm of Hill & Sons and is a remarkable survivor. The organ was renovated in 1933 by the local organ builder, Wilkinson of Kendal who added a few more stops and installed a completely new action system. Since then the organ has had no more work and after 85 years it is desperately in need of a full restoration.
Agreement has now been given for us to go ahead, and Leeds firm J.M. Spink Ltd have been asked to start work in late-April.