St Paul’s church lies at the heart of the community of Grange-over-Sands, at the top of the main street and adjacent to the clock tower. There was no church in the town before 1853, and worshippers had to travel over the fell to Cartmel Priory. With the coming of the railway in 1857 and the increase in visitors, plans were made to raise money to build a church.
In 1907 a little wooden building was erected in higher Grange to provide a place where the serving community who lived up on the fell could worship regularly. The building was gradually improved over the years and is now known as the Fell Church.