In November 1911 the first reference is made in the
Parish Magazine to the building of a Parish Hall, and plans for a bazaar to
raise the necessary funds. The Hall was to be built so that services could be
taken there while the Church was being extended. The bazaar was successful
raising £511, a site was purchased on Kents Bank Road, and the building
began in June 1912.
The property was vested in the Carlisle Diocesan Board of
Finance, who act as custodian trustees, with the control and working of the
Hall under the care of the Vicar and Churchwardens.
The Hall was opened by the Bishop of Carlisle on 10
December 1912. See below for the special 100th anniversary
celebration in 2012.
100th Birthday celebration