Organisations within St Paul's
There are several organisations and teams of volunteers who work at the Parish Church. These include:
· the Parochial Church Council, which meets bi-monthly;
· its several sub-committees which also meet regularly, eg communications, finance, outreach, Parish Hall, social, worship, etc
· the choir who sing at services each Sunday
· sacristan and servers
· the lay pastoral team, who visit and take out Home Communions;
· baptismal visitors who continue to visit the families for five years from the date of baptism;
· a Young Persons Group working with children at the Grange C of E Primary School
· lesson readers and intercessors;
· licensed assistants to administer at Holy Communion;
· lay helpers with the laying-on-of-hands
Other members help on a rota basis to clean the church; make sure the linen is washed; attend to the garden; serve coffee; and arrange the flowers each week.
The parish is also represented on the Team Council, the Deanery Synod, the Diocesan Synod, and Churches Together in Grange-over-Sands and District, and supporots the work of the Windermere Deanery Network Youth Church.
Edward Bear Club - Edward Bear has gone into retirement! A lunchtime bible club is held in the Primary School on Wednesdays throughout term-time, with an after-school event to mark the special Christian festivals, eg Christmas, Easter, Harvest. This event is followed up with a special 'Cake & ?' service in church, to which all the young families are invited.
Christmas 2014 activities
End of Term Service at St Paul's
This was a lovely ending to another successful term in school. All the children from the primary school took part and we counted 99 adults as well. It was lovely to see so many in our church. The school service always seems to set us up in the right frame of mind for a good Christmas. Our favourite carols were interspersed with readings, singing and music from the children. The singing was enthusiastic and filled the church. Lots of smiling adults surrounded the children. The collection was taken using the ‘Portsmouth ships’ and was donated to our chosen charity, Springfield Women's Refuge.
Special Prayer Spaces
For our event this term we are going to use Fell Church for the week commencing 23rd March. We want to establish some special prayer spaces for the classes in school to come along and experience prayer in groups in different ways. We are planning several prayer spaces.